Thursday, September 01, 2011

It's a long story... #5

Luke 8:48
“Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace”

The Lord was reaffirming that through faith I could be healed, not for my glory or comfort, but to reveal His glory, here on earth. Our God loves to heal and restore, He loves to show us His power. This was part one to the lesson God was teaching me that week.

Luke 11:8b “yet because of the man’s boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs.”

Once my eyes were opened to healing for God’s glory, He threw in part two. The Lord asked me to be bold and ask Him for healing. Up until this point I had not asked the Lord to heal me, I was of the mindset that whatever was going to happen was good because God was good. It was really hard for me to hear this, I heard God asking me to ask Him but I was so timid. My first prayer was this, “Lord, please give me boldness to ask you” (says Noelle, timidly), my second prayer was this, “Lord please heal my foot by August so I can go to nursing school” (says Noelle, still timidly). Now, it’s important to note that the Lord had revealed first that my healing was not for my sake, but for His glory (yet I was still timid to ask, oh me of little faith!).

No comments:

Post a Comment